Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bidayuh Traditional Dance

Due to the picture,it was shown the Bidayuh traditional dance in Sarawak.Most of the colour of the costume was red and black.They are wearing the red scarf on top of their head too.Moreover,the ladies on the picture were wearing the blouse with the long skirt and carrying the paddy- bin on their shoulders.

The name of this dance is "ODE KEBUN" which means let's go to the farm!Normally this type of dance was danced by the youngsters.This type of dance is part of their cultures.

In addition,the unique about the dance in the picture is the ladies are dancing by step and jump on the bamboos while the men are knocking the bamboos to make the 'clocking' sounds as it became the ryhme for the dance.

Based on my experience, I have watched and danced it before when I was in secondary level. It was so interesting for me till now.So,I suggest you to experience it by your ownself.......!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment